Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the Archdiocese enacts its strong commitment to proactively protect the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
This policy seeks to:
- Set out governance structures in relation to our responsibility to safeguard children and young people and ensure that all persons within the Archdiocese are aware of their responsibilities with respect to child safety.
- Establish clear behavioural expectations for the care and protection of children and young people for clergy, employees and volunteers.
- Outlines policies, procedures and strategies to prevent child abuse and keep children and young people safe.
- Provide effective mechanisms for responding to and reporting child safety concerns or allegations of abuse.
- Inform parents, children and young people about the measures that are in place to prevent and/or respond to safety concerns, reports and allegations.
Please note: The above links are correct as at 9 June 2020. Due to a recent website migration project, an incorrect link to the Policy was posted on Wednesday 3 June. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.