The Vicar General assists the Archbishop and Bishops in the governance of the diocese. The priest appointed to the Office is to be known for his sound doctrine, integrity, prudence and practical experience (Canon 478 §1).
The Vicar General possesses by virtue of his Office the same executive power as the Bishop throughout the whole diocese as belongs by law to the Bishop. This means that the Vicar General can perform all administrative acts as the Bishop does, with the exception of those administrative acts which the Bishop has reserved to himself, or which by law requires a special mandate of the Bishop (Canon 479 §1).
|Phone:||(03) 9926 5638|
|Fax:||(03) 9926 5698|
|Postal Address:||PO Box 146, East Melbourne, Victoria 8002|
- Weekly Easter reflections
- Sunday Liturgy of the Word @ Home (for families with kids)
- Watch Daily Mass
- Digital devotion: online resources
- 1000 ways to love your neighbour during coronavirus
- 10 books to read while socially distancing
- Coronavirus: spread kindness not fear
- Helpful prayers during this time
- SBS Multilingual Coronavirus Portal